Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 16, 2024, 06:38:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who wants the messaging bug fix?
I want it badly!!! =DD - 8 (53.3%)
It would be nice if you release it... (: - 5 (33.3%)
No thanks. I do not face the problem. (: - 2 (13.3%)
I hate the e2Revival Project. <.< - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [BETA] e2Revival Firmware  (Read 102218 times)
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2008, 02:30:20 am »

LOL, is there just me, arctu and zlole that interest with this? C'mon, we need more people here... Programmer, scripter, MP maker, or who else... It wont be a big project if there is just some are working... Smiley Lets make this bigger, our E2 need to revive..! Lets do it..!

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

arctu
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2008, 04:33:15 am »

LOL... people are just like that, wishing that things will appear in front of them. (: They'll download and complain once its released...

(I do appreciate people who nominate themselves for Beta Testing.. ^^)

@keaglez
Anyway, how is the autorun thingy going? We're gonna need one more thing and the core apps of E2 revival is done - unmount. Just a simple script that when you click, totally unmounts the SD. For eg. Click "Unmount SD"... The script will report "success" or show error message... with show* ofcourse. That's easy to make right?

@zjole
How's the apmd changer going? Any progress?

I'm gonna have about 3 days of free time.. no school.. (: So, I'll be working on the softwares that somewhat handles cosmetics.. And then, if everything goes well, we might be ready for a beta.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2008, 04:44:38 am »

LOL... people are just like that, wishing that things will appear in front of them. (: They'll download and complain once its released...

(I do appreciate people who nominate themselves for Beta Testing.. ^^)
Well, hard to said, but i think me too... Smiley LOL (its normal that people like that)
@keaglez
Anyway, how is the autorun thingy going? We're gonna need one more thing and the core apps of E2 revival is done - unmount. Just a simple script that when you click, totally unmounts the SD. For eg. Click "Unmount SD"... The script will report "success" or show error message... with show* ofcourse. That's easy to make right?
I will try to complete the autorun script today, or maybe tommorow... Smiley The "Unmount SD" have the same function like Device Manager? The simplier one? Need the swapoff too, right?

Btw i saw this thread at motofan.ru... I hope some of them want to join us... Smiley
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 04:47:31 am by keaglez » Logged

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

arctu
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2008, 05:56:00 am »

Bleh, as I said, it's normal for people. I'm a person to... We are all people.. (:

Yup. You got it right. Not just a simplier.. a very very simple one... (: Just a simple click-and-done script. Call it EjectSD. Oh, btw, take your time.

arctu
« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2008, 04:07:37 pm »

Update:

Russians from motofan.ru: borndead, AstaRoth, DDSH, 3-D are creating an MP and wishes for us to merge efforts. This is somewhat a great news. However, I wonder if our focus is different... We focus on speed and simplicity, but for them, they are really actually making a MonsterPack.

What do you guys think?
mixel
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2008, 05:11:03 pm »

Hi here is a C programmer and a owner of a E2 ready to help...

Smiley i really like this project, so if i can help i will be really happy.

regards
error398
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2008, 06:37:10 pm »

good to hear that mixel.. help us to make this perfect..
arctu
« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2008, 07:55:18 pm »

Updated first post. Please check it out.

@zjole
Rockbox is too large to be integrated. Am I right? (: Therefore, can you integrate the core files? (rockbox/bin and rockbox/lib). The SDL libs should be placed in /lib. Can you also integrate my QPlayer? QPlayer shouldn't have any problems.. just need to edit the qplayer.lin file.

Any news on the APMD changer? If you can't do it.. then just tell me cause you are not actually a software developer in this team.. you are a firmware maker.. (:

@mixel
Good to hear there's people who are interested... But currently, I don't think we need any more programs... Well, we do need an APMD changer... but, that depends on whether zjole have fix/make one already.

---

Stay tuned for screenshots!
error398
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2008, 08:15:05 pm »

Almost Done.. Congr8
mixel
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2008, 08:19:35 pm »

ok, no more programmers Wink

anyway i can be a beta tester if you accept Wink

kind reagards
zjole
« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2008, 10:02:56 pm »

Hi arctu.Sorry for the late reply.
I've been dealing with some 'personal affair' these two days and haven't worked on the apmd changer.Really sorry...Sad
I hope it's not too late.

I'm afraid the core binaries of rockbox is still too large to be placed in cg43.I'll check it out.

BTW:Do you want the menu layout to be exactly the same as that in the first post?
zjole
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2008, 10:10:08 pm »

One more thing to mention.It seems if we want the cpu to run at the desired frequency determined by ampd,the kernel has to be modified.Otherwise cpu frequency will drop even if you use a 416_all apmd.So shall we replace the kernel of OY3?
arctu
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2008, 10:14:00 pm »

@zjole
Nope. It's not late. (:
Rockbox core binaries should fit... They are just over a few mbs.. In any case, qplayer should fit in too right? It's around 6mb.

Regarding the APMD... If I'm not mistaken, the original OY3 kernel already has Overclocking enabled right? (I have yet to try overclocking on this prototype firmware)

Oh, yes, the menu should be that way.. and please take note of the Apps.. It's a renamed Games.. This is so that all java installed apps goes in there instead of "Games".. Also, the preloaded java apps should only be MiniCommander and Mobile GMaps. If you need a link for those, pm me. And don't forget to preload Terminal Emulator.. (;

Ah, I kept on forgetting, do you want to make the Kaleidoscope Deactivate script?

@mixel
We'll decide the beta testers when a beta is ready.. (:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 10:29:46 pm by arctu » Logged
zjole
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2008, 10:35:26 pm »

All right,I'll try my best.Smiley

In fact,the space left in cg43 is so limited that files larger than 100kb might not fit.The size of the cramfs image is fixed(26mb) and it's that large already.
But I think I can still intergrate rockbox and qplayer by placing them in cg34 and make links.

I don't know which kernel OY3 is using.If van used kernels from ilove3d.Then it wasn't OC enabled.
Have you watched the frequency when have it overclocked?

edit:I tried to oc to 416 MIPS and at first it did run at 416 MIPS but very soon it dropped to 312(after I pressed any of the keyboard).Then I tried some multi-tasking(playing music while run the Real Time SysInfo mpkg).The MIPS rose to 416 again.
I believe the right kernel for oc is this one.I'll tried it myself later.

-----------------

Confirmed.CPU BogoMIPS remains at 416 after I flashed the kernel from the link.I've made it into sbf.If anyone want to test it,
download it here.Smiley
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 12:37:38 am by zjole » Logged
arctu
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2008, 11:51:20 pm »

Then we have no choice. Make links.. (:

I haven't tried overclocking on this prototype fw. I'll try it in a while. As for the link you gave, how do I flash it? LOL.. I'm a newb at flashing..

EDIT: For qplayer, the files will be preloaded.. You only need to make links for mplayer. the mplayer link should be at /bin.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 12:03:44 am by arctu » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting