Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 20, 2024, 09:34:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who wants the messaging bug fix?
I want it badly!!! =DD - 8 (53.3%)
It would be nice if you release it... (: - 5 (33.3%)
No thanks. I do not face the problem. (: - 2 (13.3%)
I hate the e2Revival Project. <.< - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [BETA] e2Revival Firmware  (Read 102567 times)
zjole
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2008, 06:19:12 am »

@Rauna
I'm afraid you have to save the icons one by one.I don't have them either.Sorry...

@keaglez
well done!

@nearfunny
You should know if you're using any font or skin in your SD card before connecting your phone to pc.
arctu
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2008, 07:25:44 am »

@myteam
Really good job. But sadly, I'm a little tight on schedule. So, things will progress a little slow. I just got my GCE O Level result on Thursday and school will start on Monday. Thus, I'll need to adjust myself before I can get back to work properly.
u4ia_eclipse
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2008, 12:45:04 pm »

This project is cool.. Good luck to the team! Guys, dont forget about the S80Messaging process! Its really annoying when you start the phone and all your messages dont load automatically and you cant receive any new messages.. Makes me miss alot of important msgs. So im really glad ur going to fix it! Keep up the good work!
konspirasi
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2008, 06:14:22 pm »

Sry for to much ask, if we run java apps like game n operamini then press end key (red key) we can shut it down or just minimized it, my question is how we can maximize it again?
With kalei task manager we can easily do that although not all working
thx guys
huatz84
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2008, 08:25:19 pm »

This project is cool.. Good luck to the team! Guys, dont forget about the S80Messaging process! Its really annoying when you start the phone and all your messages dont load automatically and you cant receive any new messages.. Makes me miss alot of important msgs. So im really glad ur going to fix it! Keep up the good work!
In Only You v4,the message-loading problem has been fixed.
arctu
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2008, 11:59:35 pm »

At last, flashed rokrRevival Prototype. How I flashed it? Flashed the prototype and then flashed Original V3 without CG 34 and 43. (Extracted using ezxcodec)

@zjole:
1. For the langpack, cramfs or squashfs?(I prefer cramfs) Is it using Van's Language System?
2. I can feel that it's faster than V4.. (:
3. Sorry, but can you list the modifications you did?
4. Theme Aten and Crystal Blue not needed. (Lite)
5. And.. somehow, my phone loads Aten on first boot up. LOL.
6. The skins contain bugs? I got a 3x4 icon list.
7. As for the Kaleidoscope issue, here's my solution:

Instead of creating an activation script for Kalei, make a deactivation script. So, those who don't want kalei will need to run the script. keaglez might want to create an autorun script for that.

8. /etc/init.d/ezxenvr.sh: You forgot to replace this with a newer one right?
9. In ezxenvr.sh: Add /mmc/mmca1/.system/bin to $PATH and /mmc/mmca1/.system/lib to $LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
10. Replace /bin with the newer apps.
11. Good job on the mmca devices on /dev. (: But, in /mmc there's no mount points for them.. =p (You can blame me for not reminding you)
12. Where's my EZXTERM? lol.
13. FMRADIO application is not Kaleidoscope's
14. About the rokr app, no worries, it will be scrapped and replaced with my rokrGui

Having said that, there's no need for you to make another prototype. (; I'll send you a folder with rokrRevival's replacements when everything is nicely done for the real closed beta.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 05:09:08 am by arctu » Logged
zjole
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2008, 06:04:54 am »

@arctu
If you're using OY3 now just flash the sbf file.If not,you can replace cg34 and cg43 of OY3 with those of the prototype firmware and generate a new sbf file.Later on,you only need to flash cg34 and cg43 since all the changes will be done in these two code groups.

There's no need to use squashfs for langpack.ilove3d used it just for the big Chinese font.In fact,I'm not goning to change the langpack of OY3 at all.
Not too many modifications.I just did what you suggested in page 4.
The skin is ok in my case,that's odd...I'll check it.
I thought you dropped the idea of loading binaries and libs from sd card.So I didn't add the environmental path.
Binaries are already the new ones form Extreme.
It seems I forgot to create mount point in /mmc.lol
I didn't know you wanted ezxterm to be built in.hehe

I'll create another one and test it myself.Smiley
arctu
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2008, 06:09:51 am »

@zjole
Create a full fw next time kay? I told ya, I flashed Prototype then OYV3-CG34&CG43. It works... (:

/bin apps aren't the newest. The new showQ when runs without argument, will show help. I'll zip the binaries and upload somewhere.

Since you wanna build another fw, then.. make sure u address issue:
7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13.

Hmm, just wondering, how much space can we use for the preload apps? I'm thinking of integrating mplayer and rockbox.
zjole
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2008, 06:20:25 am »

I wanted to save some uploading and flashing time.So I removed the other code groups.Smiley

oh,I thought the show* binaries were the same.ilove3d must have updated them.

I'll make another to make sure everything is all right.Smiley

There's not much space in cg43.But we can put apps in cg34 and make soft links.
arctu
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2008, 06:24:44 am »

hmm.. CG34 eh?
CG34 is the user's space?

Just copy the /bin and paste it in there. (literally) (:
zjole
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2008, 06:31:50 am »

cg34 is the resource pack(/usr/data_resource) where preloaded ringtones,wallpapers,skins,javas and other stuff stored.
I used to put mplayer there and make a soft link under /bin in my own firmware.
Code:
ln -s /usr/data_resource/preloadapps/mplayer /bin/mplayer
arctu
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2008, 06:54:10 am »

ah.. yes..

no need soft link.. just create a rokrRevival folder in there.. with subdirectories, qplayer and rockbox. then we put in the files in there respectively.. the script needs some editing to work though.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2008, 10:41:56 am »

Btw what language pack we are using? I think we can have a space too in CG41 (maybe using a smaller font), so we can put something there too, like apps... Wink

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

zjole
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2008, 03:38:23 am »

Langpack is the same as OY3.

yes,if we replace the font with stock one,there'll be much more space for apps.Smiley
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 05:40:09 am by zjole » Logged
pizzadox619
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2008, 04:21:11 am »

Can u add:
- icon in subfolder (like kaleid)
- Text Viewer/Editor

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting