Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
March 28, 2024, 06:43:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One interesting idea... what do you think?  (Read 3776 times)
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« on: February 04, 2011, 10:19:39 am »

There is another forum on which I am regular user. Suddenly there was a bug during upgrade which made the usernames of the users to disappear. That way nobody knew who is the author of specific post and the replies too.

I found this very interesting idea. Regular forums have members, nicknames, reputation (karma). This makes few users "better" than others, ok. This is building some forum elite and makes gives the ideas of this elite more power.

But what happens to the other members, the "small members" ideas? Sometimes they may be more helpful than the "elite ideas", right? If they contradict each other the elite will definitely win the battle!

So without usernames you don't actually know who is who. Somebody writes a topic with questions and other completely anonymous users are answering him in complete privacy. So instead of making personal reputation and raising karma - the person who helps will be happy only because he is helping. Nothing more.

What do you think for about that "anonyforum" idea? Of course I won't do that with motohell, don't worry. I am just thinking of that is interesting...

keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 11:36:08 pm »

Nice one..

But instead a forum, you could just start a Q&A website instead. Just like Yahoo Answer. And of course, they are all anonymous. Call it Anonym Answer... Grin

The problem might be, since it's all anonymous... there might be troll everywhere instead of solid discussion. Grin

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 12:59:21 am »

Nice one..

But instead a forum, you could just start a Q&A website instead. Just like Yahoo Answer. And of course, they are all anonymous. Call it Anonym Answer... Grin

The problem might be, since it's all anonymous... there might be troll everywhere instead of solid discussion. Grin

Yep, that's the problem - who will moderate. And if it is moderated - isn't we compromising the idea?

keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 12:26:50 pm »

Yeah, it is needed to be moderated, or else, it won't work out.

We could make the members all equal (no post count, position, karma, etc) and we could also make the moderator/admin anonymous instead, so in the member perspective, even the moderator/admin are all the same member. It probably work, maybe... Smiley

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 02:55:06 am »

Anonymous moderator sounds good. I think I will give it a try soon with forum in Bulgaria.

JEMAU MANAK
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 09:40:34 am »

i think it will confusing for newbie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting