Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 18, 2024, 11:28:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BL: 06.A5 compatible w/MagicX? Backup?  (Read 4313 times)
AWD_Guy
« on: May 02, 2009, 04:04:17 pm »

E8 Noob, V3,K1 old timer.

My still locked US T-Mobile e8 has BL 06.A5 R6713_G_71.030AR GSXELBATMNA06F which appears to be slightly different than the stock MPs I've seen. I am cheap and won't pay to unlock it unless I have to for mods and there doesn't appear to be a TP unlock yet. Sad

Do I have to downgrade the BL to use MagicX, Speed II, etc. MP? The flash guides I have found say A3... And I know A9 is CG52 RSA, but can't find anything on A5??? If so, link to BL downgrade inst?

Is it possible to backup my existing FW? F&B apparently doesn't work and RSDLite only writes as far as I can tell. The other Stock FW I've found have different FLEX versions.

I'd just like the phone to be a bit faster and get rid of the useless Java demos to start with. Not big into new themes, fonts, etc. and I do not use Web services.(T-Mobile PrePaid doesn't appear to allow data services) Sad

I am guessing MagicX or Speed II are my best choices? Others?

One more thing. On my old phones, switching LPs didn't save you any user space. Do the smaller LPs like LP0615 on the e8 actually save you user space?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 04:11:39 pm by AWD_Guy » Logged
ilove3d
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:27:26 pm »

it's not possible for comsumer phones to downgrade bootloader, you should find 06.A5 kill-rsa bootloader and flash it before flashing to magic elba.

if you just want to use magicX or speedII you can simply flash them without changing bootloader. ( fully modded firmwares like magic elba or 141CR_full_unsigned will request you flash kill-rsa bootloader first )
AV3LaR
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 05:57:42 pm »

Here is the noRSA for 06.A5
http://modmymoto.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3498021#post3498021
But i have a question for you, ilove3d, i tried it before, but i a unknown problem after flashing 1013R, i tried later a RAMLDR change, and it didn't work, i kept having the same mistake, i don't don't why, but it seems as the only FW i can flash is the 0207 you made [from the noRSA line, as 06.A5 is able to flash any other FW]
Do you use MSN?
ilove3d
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 08:32:07 am »

don't understand what you said, what do you mean?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting