Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 19, 2024, 10:44:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EM30 And E8  (Read 6316 times)
huatz84
« on: February 07, 2009, 01:57:12 am »

I've just modded an EM30.My friend asked me to mod it.The stock firmware came with the phone was 01.02R and Indonesian FW.It was slow when scrolling thru music player.So,I downloaded somewhere the same firmware.But this time it's LP 0024 and it came with Singapore web session.So,I guess it's a Singapore FW.
After did some modding like: making it telnet and ftp-enabled,installing themes,changing bootscreen and changing the font ,I played with the phone for an hours. It's a little different with E8.The plus point for EM30 over E8 is:
-having a vibrate and ring options at the profile setup,
-louder speaker,and
-faster menu scrolling,

The only thing I like from EM30 is a vibrate and ring as we know on E8 we only have vibrate then ring. So,I think EM30 is also a good phone. It only lacks the omega whell and haptics feedbacks. EM30 just needs time.Modding isn't that much but in the future it will be the next best thing. I recommend EM30 for everyone.You won't be dissapointed. My friend's EM30 is using 4GB MicroSDHC memory card now and it's still fast enough. Smiley
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 10:50:48 pm »

thank you... I am already considering

ilove3d
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 08:56:14 pm »

what's the storage size of phone memory?

can you show me the "mount" output in telnet ?
huatz84
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 05:31:08 am »

I think it's about 20mb. I have given the phone back to my friend. If I meet him,I'll borrow the phone for a while.
wrp8
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 04:37:15 am »

That's a very useful information.
I am quite surprise that EM30 produces a louder sound. The E8 is very impressive for me in terms of external speakers. You make me eager to listen to E30 sound. I am not sure but I thing the hardware may be similar inside (E8&E30). The annoying features of E8, personally, is the slow response.

Thanks for sharing
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting