Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 20, 2024, 04:05:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: zn5 repair  (Read 5173 times)
reggimaksthscene
« on: January 03, 2009, 05:14:47 pm »

First post here,

Girlfriend dropped her brand new zn5 in the toilet. I wasn't able to look at it for a couple days. The phone powered up, but only when the wall charger is plugged into it and the screen powered on. But after the initial boot screen the back-light for the screen would die. Then after a bit the screen died altogether. The phone still powers on and seems to function. It's obviously no longer covered by warranty and she got no insurance on it. So, I thought: "might as well take it apart and see if I can fix it." I found quite a few rusted out contacts on the phone motherboard. I'd like to know if there was anywhere selling just the motherboard. All the other components seem fine and it would be a shame to waste it.
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 01:59:03 pm »

better pay to replace the broken parts. I doublt anybody will buy motherboard only, because usually screens die first

wrp8
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 04:58:15 am »

Sorry to hear that
How is it now?
Probably good to share experience how fix/order a spare part of Moto
silentsnow31802
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 10:40:01 pm »

I have been looking for a main board for a zn5 for months. Nobody seems to have broken ones or anything. If your lucky you can find one on ebay that is for parts. I have purchased a couple off there that had been broken. They do not come up very often.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting