Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 18, 2024, 08:44:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Give Credits to Creators!  (Read 5453 times)
arctu
« on: September 17, 2008, 05:31:32 am »

It's worst enough that E8 has little true modders. Now, we also have STEALERS. Yes, this is post would be a direct attack on an individual or rather, a forum. Please lock and close if necessary.

2-3 days ago, I posted a message on board modmymoto, E8 section, asking about how to change the menu on the E8 idle screen and LP0024. A user with the name replied asking me to download an "exclusive" firmware from an external site. I kindly declined and ask for an individual langpack flash and also the direct instructions on how to modify the idle menu. Later on, he again gave me a link to the external site, but this time, with the flash file. (I had to register to download the file. So yeah, unacceptable). As for the idle menu, he told me that I should ask another person with the userid insecurespike who I believed to have came from the same external site. And then, in addition to that, bestweb also inquire me on how I obtained the telnet firmware and pointed him out to motohell & motofan.

hours ago, a firmware claiming to have FTP & Telnet enabled was released. Yes, posted by the user bestweb on the external site. That was okay except for the fact that, HE DID NOT NAME THE ORIGINAL CREATORS OF THE FIRMWARE who put in real hardwork to unmagx E8 and insert telnet and ftp and compile them into a firmware. Frankly, I'm disgusted by these kinds of people who do not give credits when due; PARASITES. GRRR. Of course, I am NOT one of the firmware creators. But come on, give respect to those who spend their weekends for the love of their mobile phone. ><

MY REQUEST TOPIC: http://modmymoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292481
EXTERNAL "NEW FW" LINK: http://motomodding.us/viewtopic.php?t=5309

I'm really blacklisting the site already. Their mods are stealers. Also, I'll refuse to share MY files or uploading them to the public again if I see people doing this like this to the E8 modding scene..

Thanks. =)
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 07:14:07 pm »

Darn I lost my post twice Smiley

Here it is (again): I would suggest to take it easy man. Nobody wins if you stop share; however some people definetly loose. Sorry but you cannot stop the behaviour of reposting without credits.

I am also blamed for doing that many times but I do my best to fix my posts asap when needed.

My "credits" situation is not better actually. What I am doing on my eXmod websites is simply a free file hosting. Well they take a lot of traffic and the server rent is not so cheap - that's why I have to place ads. I can't count the hundreds of times when I "fight" against people hotlinking the files. I tried with good (asking them to stop) and bad (rename of files, replacing images, redirecting) - nothing really helps Sad Regardless the miserable profits I don't think to stop because I know there are some people out there who really enjoy the service!

So arctu - you can't stop the bad people and it's sad; however the community really enjoy what you are doing and I am sure that even if you don't take proper credits sometimes - you still make people happy. That is important! Please wait until you become a commercial developer (which I am sure will come one day with your regular job) Smiley

farkzlay
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 08:01:48 pm »

world and knowledge have to grow fast because there is someone who dedicate their time to help other people and sharing with them (like you guys).

actually you're deserve more than thanks guys!!
i'm really happy enjoy your works (modding stuff from all modder in the world).
may God bless you and 'pay' you more than people can pay. Smiley
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 09:24:38 pm »

Credits...yeah, thats important. Actually, i saw sometime my works shared somewhere without giving a credit, even tho, i havent create a big things yet. Im fine with that, all i need is feedback so i can make better one next time. Smiley

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

arctu
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 12:37:01 am »

Haha. Nah, I don't care too but only on the condition that the person doesn't make any of my stuff "exclusive" which is the case here. though, here, they're not using my stuff uh. =)
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 01:58:20 am »

Haha. Nah, I don't care too but only on the condition that the person doesn't make any of my stuff "exclusive" which is the case here. though, here, they're not using my stuff uh. =)
LOL, if thats the case, then its absolutely stealing.

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

arctu
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 11:20:32 pm »

Well, apparently, someone took the fw, modify it, leave no credits, upload it to their site and... "You are required to register to download this file"

Exploited, this is different from what you did. You simply host the files in one central location and gave credits. =). I do understand the part where you earn from it though. But, I take it as covering for the cost of the servers. =D

And.. I'm a commercial web developer btw. =p.
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 02:14:20 am »

Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting