Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 24, 2024, 01:05:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 statistics - Motorola loosing positions  (Read 10209 times)
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« on: January 24, 2008, 05:04:20 am »

At the end of 2007 we got the following statistics for the GSM phones market share:
1. Nokia - 38,0%
2. Samsung - 14,6%
3. Motorola - 13,1%
4. Sony Ericsson - 8.8%
5. Others

Sadly our Motorola is loosing positions very quick! At the end of 2006, Motorola had 23% worldwide market share, so it is a huge fall in sales this year! This caused the Motorola shares to drop $1.97 which is about 16% of its value

Nokia didn't moved a lot, but Samsung raised from 12,0% to 14,6% and Sony Ericsson increase from 7,9 to 8,8%...

What's coming in the future? Experts say that Motorola will continue to loose positions this year. It is not impossible that Sony Ericsson will move up and Motorola will end up on place 4. That looks like a huge fall down and some people compare it with the fall of Siemens in the near past.

Is Motorola going to die in the next few years? We are not sure. Minutes after the unexpected prediction that its handset sales will continue their downward spiral, the company reported a new and broadening alliance with Qualcomm. However the arrangement won't help Motorola immediately staunch the flow of handset loss. The company said that the 40.9 million handsets shipped in the fourth quarter of 2007 was down a lot compared to the 65.7 million a year earlier. Sadly they also said that the numbers are going to be down "significantly" in the current quarter of 2008. Motorola said it will begin to design the Qualcomm chipsets into handsets at the end of the year in order to get back to the market with UMTS 3G handsets
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 05:29:57 am by Exploited » Logged

Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 05:55:18 am »

That sucks.. Sad
How come Samsuck have such a sales raise??

keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 05:57:13 am »

They need more advertising...

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 06:02:34 am »

Samsung came up with some very good mobiles recently... A friend of mine (actually the guy who made me Moto-addicted - JvruceR) is now Samsung user and he is saying good words for his new toy...

However I still don't like any others - preffer Moto Smiley

NiKSY
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 01:02:36 pm »

OMG THats so *be :-Xep* bad!!
If motorola dies, then all our communities...They will die eventually...We wouldnt have what to modddd  :'(

And yes, I consider Samsung, Siemens-Benq, LG and similar all crappy phones...
fade2black
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 05:57:21 pm »

In my country Nokia, SE, Samsung and LG promoting their product on TV. I think people prefer to use popular phone models. Motorola need promo outside the US.
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 10:59:18 pm »

Nokia is the undisputed leader from many years... The real fight is for the second position

aku46
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 11:04:45 pm »

in malaysia, there is nokia, SE, LG, samsung advertise their product on tv... but not moto... moto's last on tv is 1st V3 model several years ago...
NiKSY
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 10:26:19 am »

One more NEW PATENT FROM MOTOROLA... I really think motorola is the best and has the best selection of phones, maybe its not the most user friendly, but its really great, and looks totally different... And this new patent maybe will be used in 2009th allready
huatz84
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 10:49:11 am »

This is the year for Moto to recover.I think they are too concentrating on design.They should make another upgrade from E398.I don't care if it is called E398i if they put 3,2 megapixel camera,fullscreen video in VGA resolution,3D java machine,624 mhz processors,Linux OS and the previous 3D stereo sound on E398i.Or they make another upgrade from E680 with better screen resolution and better camera.All would be great.But now all that we see is just a slim and good design phone.I really miss the moment when I bought my E398.It was an exciting experience when U can show off your phone to make other brand users jealous.
But,let's see in this 2008.The real momentum for Moto.We'll see 3,2 until 8 megapixel phone on Motorola phones.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 11:08:19 am »

I like a some rounding phone like E2 than something too slim phone... Smiley

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

huatz84
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 11:19:42 am »

Frankly speaking,I don't like E2 design.I bought E2 coz I think that it would be a great phone after I have had a good experience with my modded E398.First time I bought E2,I'm truly disappointed with the speaker.It's so quiet.Sometimes I missed my calls.And it's slow.But now is totally different.But still the hardware dependant.Speaker is still the weak part.All my friends said they didn't like E2 design but they like the screen quality.Yup,Nokia 6300 with 16 million colours even can't beat E2 screen quality.
aku46
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 11:25:56 am »

nokia screen is really bad.... compare my e2 with n70 n n70 real2 bad... its normal that nokia screen not sharp.. and my friend's se w900 screen real suck... so i assume moto has the best screen!!

the speaker of e2 is not really good... 1stly i thought it can beat my modded e398.. anyway it still 'OK'.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 11:33:43 am »

Hehe... I like the rounding because it fit to my hand...than another slim phone, like L6 really not comfortable in my hand... Smiley I hope Motorola will launch like E2 design, few smaller design, touch screen, and another great features... Grin

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

huatz84
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 11:37:06 am »

I have a great hope on Rokr E8 coz it has 3D sound but the reality is it only has one speaker.Moto Q has two speakers but it's Windows Mobile OS not Linux.Sad
I heard that Z10 has 3D stereo speakers sound but it runs on Symbian...Sad
So,what will be the next?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting